Thursday, December 2, 2010

Walkin' On Sunshine

I was Walkin' On Sunshine to be able to walk with my girl over the weekend. The scenery was a little different than I'm used to. We walked around their suburban neighborhood, where the "growing" that's going on is more about house construction than crop production and dirt roads.

I was happy to have a walking companion. Usually, my walks in my own "neighborhood" are solitary. And I enjoy that, too, as a time to think and pray.

But it was great to have a walking and talking companion. For a woman of a certain age, I can hold my own. But she pushed me pretty hard. I'm not sure I could always pass the "talk" test the fitness experts advocate. In my defense, I'm used to the flatlands of Central Kansas. Those hills in the suburbs of Omaha had me huffin' and puffin' a bit.

Of course, I slowed her down. If I hadn't been there, she would have been running, since she and Eric are training for a half marathon next spring with their church. No half marathons for me, thank you!

After we did our walking for exercise, we also did a little retail therapy walking. Jill got a lot of her Christmas list crossed off. I gave her moral support and carried hangers to the dressing room, just like old times.

What a fun weekend! I truly was "Walkin' On Sunshine" to be with my girl ... even in a brisk, north wind in Nebraska!

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast too!!! Thanks for coming to visit us....and carry my hangers :-)

    ReplyDelete