Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Proving a Simile

As quiet as a mouse.
As cunning as a fox.
As cute as a bug's ear.
As crooked as a dog's hind leg.
As gentle as a lamb.
As happy as a clam.

I'm not sure how to verify the accuracy of some of those familiar animal similes. I'm not anxious to get close enough to a bug to check out its ear. Same goes for the mouse.

But I have photographic proof of the truth behind this one:

As busy as a beaver.

The beavers have indeed been busy on this tree at our Peace Creek pasture. They've gnawed their way through it, sending it toward the water.

A year ago, Randy first showed me the evidence of the beaver's voracious appetite for timber. Even though we haven't seen the beavers at work, he's watched their progress as he has gone to the pasture to check cattle and load silage.

January 1, 2011

January 4, 2012

If only my teeth were that strong, I'd spend a lot less time at the dentist and a lot less money.

That's as plain as day.
That's as true as the day is long.

No comments:

Post a Comment